Home Forums Success Stories/Lessons Learned Lessons Learned From Our Chapter Meeting – Great Action Ideas!

1 reply, 2 voices Last updated by Profile photo of Kirk Chugg Kirk Chugg 1 year, 12 months ago
  • Profile photo of Rob ShallenbergerRob Shallenberger
    Participant
    @viper55th

My Achievements

Add friends Icon

We had our chapter meeting this week and had some fabulous take-away’s and ideas. I thought it might be helpful to share some of them here. So, in no particular order, here you go:

CHAPTER MEETING LESSONS LEARNED:
    1. Due to a recent 18 year old committing suicide, don’t make assumptions. Talk with your son or daughter about it so that hopefully they never consider that an option.

2. For “date nights” with your kids, try taking them to a bookstore and allow them to explore books. You can also take them to the pet store to simply look at the different pets. Whichever son or daughter you take, have him/her choose a simple gift to bring back to their brothers or sisters.

3. If you’re ever teaching a lesson in church or in front of a group, record and file those lessons. Your kids may come back and listen to them someday!

4. Try turning off electronics after 7:30 p.m. to have exclusive and focused one-on-one time with each child.

5. Have at least a special date night or one-on-one activity with each child each month. No lecturing! Just a fun activity to listen and talk.

There are a few of the lessons learned we took from that lunch meeting. Hopefully they are helpful to you!

Profile photo of Kirk ChuggKirk Chugg
    Keymaster
    @kirk

My Achievements

Add friends Icon

These are awesome ideas Rob! Thank you for sharing! Our meeting is going to be next week. I’ll post ours and do the same. We should share these on the facebook page as well.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.